The Journal of Network Theory in Finance
Providing academically rigorous and practitioner-focused research on the application of network theory in finance and related fields.
Financial institutions and markets are highly interconnected, but only recently has literature begun to emerge that maps these interconnections and assesses their impact on financial risks and returns. The Journal of Network Theory in Finance is an interdisciplinary journal publishing academically rigorous and practitioner-focused research on the application of network theory in finance and related fields. The journal brings together research carried out in disparate areas within academia and other research institutions by policymakers and industry practitioners. The Journal of Network Theory in Finance publishes data-driven or theoretical work in areas including, but not limited to:
- Empirical network analysis that enables better understanding of financial flows, trade flows, input-output tables, financial exposures or market interdependencies
- Modeling and simulation techniques for measuring interdependent financial risks
- New metrics and techniques for identifying central, vulnerable or systemically important institutions and markets in financial networks
- Network modeling of time-series data for financial risk management, asset allocation and portfolio management
- Social network analysis (SNA) in finance, such as using social network data for making credit and investment decisions
- Applied network visualization techniques that improve the communication of financial risks and rewards
- Analysis of counterparties and their risk exposure from interconnectivity with the financial system and regulatory strategies for improving financial stability
What will you get from a subscription?
Online access to all content from The Journal of Network Theory in Finance
As soon as a paper is published you’ll be able to read it online.
A print copy of The Journal of Network Theory in Finance
You’ll get a print copy of The Journal of Network Theory in Finance once a quarter. Each copy will include all papers that have been published in the previous 3 months.
“I read Risk Journals to improve my models and financial results.”
Global Risk Analytics Quant, BAML
“By reading Risk Journals I am able to expand my knowledge in emerging areas of financial risk management.”
Director, Credit Analytics & Modelling, ATB Financial
“A subscription to Risk Journals saves me time finding the latest research.”
Professor, University of Toronto
Are you an academic?
We offer bespoke subscription packages at very generous prices for academic institutions large and small.
What are my payment options?
You can pay for your subscription online by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express). We DO NOT accept Diners card. You will receive immediate access using credit card payments.
You can request an invoice be sent to your company by emailing customer services at [email protected].
We also accept BACS transfer – email customer services at [email protected] for more details.
Online access will only be granted upon receipt of payment. Please note that your subscription (both print and online) will not commence until full payment has been received.